Each year it takes almost 1000 volunteers to make Lifest happen. Please consider serving at this amazing event! You can earn a free or reduced ticket for your hours.
1. APPLY ONLINE It is very easy to apply online. In most cases you can schedule yourself and you will get immediate confirmation when your application is submitted. An email address is required.
2. PRINT & MAIL APPLICATION Download this application if you prefer to mail us your registration. You must send this in by June 30th.
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org call 800-955-LIFE between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
FREE PARKING IF YOU VOLUNTEER EARLY
To encourage you to sign up early, we offer free parking if you complete an application by June 15th. If you cannot sign up before June 15th, you will need to pay for parking at the event ($10 per day or $20 for the full event). Your parking pass will be mailed to you before the event.
- Full Time Volunteers work approximately 15 hours and receive a free Full Event Ticket.
- Part Time Volunteers work approximately 10 hours and receive a Full Event Ticket for $30.
- One Day Volunteers work approximately 5 hours and receive a ticket for the day they work. The application for One Day volunteers will be available June 1st.
- Part Time and Full Time Volunteers are required to work at least one shift during an evening headliner if available.
- Volunteers who work more than 17 hours will receive a $5 voucher for each additional shift. Vouchers can be used for discounts on Lifest apparel or food at the Lifest Food Shack. See voucher for more information.
- Some teams fill up quickly. For best selection sign up early!
- Please let us know at any point if you are unable to fulfill your volunteer commitment at Lifest. If you remain on the volunteer schedule and then do not show up for your scheduled volunteer shifts, you will not be able to volunteer at next year’s festival and may be required to pay for your ticket.
- Volunteer Registration is located in the Ticket Tent at the Main Gate (Gate 2).
- All volunteers over 18 must present a photo ID to check-in.
- You will receive your event wristband at Volunteer Registration.
- If you have any money due (Part Time Volunteers and deposits for the Festival Clean-Up Crew), you need to pay at Volunteer Registration before receiving your wristband. Life Promotions accepts cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
- If you are not camping, you should park in General Parking at the Winnebago County Park. Follow the signs on Hwy 76 to Snell Road.
- Campers: If you are camping at Lifest you will need to purchase a campsite. Please visit our website at www.lifest.com or call the Life Promotions office at 800-955-LIFE.
- Arrive Wednesday: Volunteers can set up camping between Noon and 8:00 pm. If you are in Graceland or Mission Field Electric, please note that generators will not be on until Thursday at 8:00 am. You can enter the Main Gate from County Y.
- Arrive Thursday or Later: Please follow the Camping line when you arrive at the Winnebago County Park (follow 76 to Snell Road). This line will take you to the Ticket Tent where you will be able to stop at Volunteer Registration and get your wristband before proceeding to your campsite. Please allow up to three hours for this process on Thursday morning.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION HOURS
Please plan on arriving to check in DURING THESE HOURS ONLY. If you arrive when Volunteer Registration is closed, you will not be able to enter the festival until the next day. If you expect to arrive outside these hours, please make arrangements in advance. Arrive at least one hour before your first volunteer shift begins. Registering and parking will take some time (especially on Thursday).
Wednesday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Thurs – Fri 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
VOLUNTEER DEADLINES AND SIGN-UP DETAILS
- One Day Volunteers can sign up starting June 1st.
- To receive free parking, you must complete your application by June 15th.
- If you are filling out a paper application, you must mail it by June 30th.
- If you are using the online application at www.lifest.com, it will be available until midnight on July 6, 2014.
If you haven’t applied by July 6th, check our website to see if there are any openings left. If so, you will need to register at Lifest. Please proceed to the Ticket Tent and follow the signs for Walk-In Registration. Late registrants are not guaranteed a volunteer position so please come prepared to purchase a Lifest ticket if needed. A background check will be done at the festival so it could take over an hour to complete the process. It is best to apply before the deadlines so that registration goes quickly and efficiently.
- All volunteers 18 and over will receive a background check. The information from this check will not be used for any purpose other than assessing your suitability for volunteering.
- If you have lived out of the state of Wisconsin in the last seven years, you may be required to submit an Out of State Waiver Form upon arrival at Lifest.
- Individuals will not be allowed to volunteer if they are listed on the National Sex Offender Registry.
- The background check process can take up to two weeks. You will be notified if you are not able to volunteer. If you don’t hear from us, you can assume there is no concern.
- All volunteers over 18 must present a photo ID to check-in.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
- All volunteers under 18 must have a parental consent form filled out before they can work.
- If you have children at Lifest who are not scheduled to volunteer with you, please arrange for their supervision while you serve. They are not allowed to accompany you during your volunteer shift.
- Volunteers age 13-15 (and anyone signing up for Jr. Security) should volunteer with an adult willing to work with them for all their scheduled shifts. Maximum of 6 youth per adult.
- Jobs available for 13-15 year olds fill up quickly, so sign up early to ensure positions are still available.
$ – You may be handling money on this team. You must be at least 16 to handle money. Accountability and accuracy are required and cash register experience is desired. If you don’t feel comfortable making change, please let the area leader know when you check in for your shift.
* – You may be working outside for some or all of your shift. Please come prepared for the weather (rain poncho, bug spray, footwear, sun screen, hat, etc).
! – Most jobs require heavy lifting. Please wear work clothes and closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops). You may want to bring your own work gloves.
Handle sales and will keep merchandise presentable.
Set-up, organize and clean the Art Space area.
Paint camping lines and set up sites before the event. Direct campers on check-in day.
14 $ *
Food preparation, service, cooking, delivery and sales. The concessions stands could be indoors or outdoors and you will be standing, please wear comfortable shoes. When handling food, you will need to wear a hat – you may want to bring your own.
14 * !
You must be a Four Shift Volunteer to choose this team. You must be able to work Sunday from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Monday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (we may end sooner depending on weather and team). We will provide Sunday supper and Monday lunch.When you arrive at Volunteer Registration, you will be required to pay a $50 deposit. This can be in the form of check or credit card. Because you are receiving your wristband before you work, this deposit is held only to ensure that you show up for Festival Clean-Up. Your deposit will be returned to you after work is complete.
16 * !
You must be a Four Shift Volunteer to choose this team. You must be able to work Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.Lunch is available for $3 each on Tuesday and Wednesday. You can pack a lunch or purchase these meals at Catering. Meal breaks are short so you won’t have time to leave to eat.
Physicians, nurses, MAs, Paramedics, EMTs and First Responders needed. Proof of medical certification is required before you volunteer. The schedule you choose is tentative; the Director of the area will confirm or change as necessary.
Keep the grounds beautiful by picking up garbage around the fairgrounds, as well as changing garbage bags in designated areas.
Supervise crafts and inflatables and have fun with the kids! This position requires some set-up and clean-up.
Handle sales and will keep merchandise presentable. You must be a Full Time Volunteer and choose all your shifts on this team if possible.
14 $ *
Direct vehicles through the parking area.
This area is for watchful, assertive volunteers who are willing to keep order. Security is for mature individuals with a Christ-like attitude who will treat all situations and all people with respect and proper protocol. You will secure all areas of the festival. If you are willing to work overnight, please consider choosing the Overnight Security. If you are 16 or 17, you must sign up to work the same shifts as an adult you know.
14 $ *
All festival attendees enter this tent to purchase tickets, pick-up orders and receive their wristbands.