QUESTIONS? Contact email@example.com or call 920-202-3013
- All volunteers have the option to purchase a parking pass (allowing them to park at the Town Hall) along with a T-shirt for $15 while registering online OR to purchase a weekend parking pass at volunteer registration for $20 (T-shirt not included).
- Volunteer Registration is located at the Oshkosh Town Hall (230 County Road Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901).
- All volunteers over 18 must present a photo ID to check-in.
- You will receive your event wristband at Volunteer Registration.
- If you have any money due, you need to pay at Volunteer Registration before receiving your wristband. Life Promotions accepts cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
- There is temporary parking in front of Town Hall for during check-in. If you purchased a parking pass when registering, you will be able to park in the lot North of the Town Hall building. You will get your parking pass and T-shirt token when you check-in.
- Campers: If you are camping at Lifest you will need to purchase a campsite. Please visit our website or call the Life Promotions office at 800-955-LIFE.
- Arrive Wednesday: Volunteers can set up camping between Noon and 8:00 pm. If you are in Graceland or Mission Field Electric, please note that generators will not be on until 8:00 am on Thursday. You may enter the Main Gate directly from County Y.
- Arrive Thursday or Later: Please go to Volunteer Registration first to get your wristband. Then you will be able to enter the grounds at Gate 4 and proceed to your campsite.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION HOURS
Please plan on arriving to check in DURING THESE HOURS ONLY. If you arrive when Volunteer Registration is closed, you will not be able to enter the festival until the next day. If you expect to arrive outside these hours, please make arrangements in advance. Arrive at least one hour before your first volunteer shift begins. Registering and parking will take some time (especially on Thursday).
Wednesday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Thurs – Fri 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
VOLUNTEER DEADLINES AND SIGN-UP DETAILS
- One Day Volunteers can sign up starting June 1st.
- If you are filling out a paper application, you must mail it by June 30th.
- If you are using the online application at http://lifest.com/experience/volunteer/, it will be available until midnight on July 2, 2017. Please use this application if at all possible. You will be able to schedule yourself and receive immediate email confirmation.
If you haven’t applied by July 3rd, check our website to see if there are any openings left. If so, you will need to register at Lifest. Please proceed to Town Hall and follow the signs for Walk-In Registration. Late registrants are not guaranteed a volunteer position so please come prepared to purchase a Lifest ticket if needed. A background check will be done at the festival so it could take over an hour to complete the process. It is best to apply before the deadlines so that registration goes quickly and efficiently.
- Full Time Volunteers work 13 – 15 hours and receive a free Full Event Ticket.
- Part Time Volunteers work 9 – 12 hours and receive a Full Event Ticket for $30.
- One Day Volunteers work approximately 5 hours and receive a ticket for the day they work. We will wait to enter hours for all paper applications until June 1st when we begin accepting One Day applicants.
- Part Time and Full Time Volunteers are required to work at least one shift during an evening headliner if shifts are available.
- Volunteers who work an extra shift (approximately over 15 hours) will receive a $5 voucher for each additional shift. Vouchers can be used for discounts on Lifest apparel or food at the Lifest Food Shack. See voucher for more information.
- Some teams fill up quickly. For best selection sign up early!
- Please let us know at any point if you are unable to fulfill your volunteer commitment at Lifest. If you do not show up for your scheduled volunteer shifts, you will not be able to volunteer at next year’s festival and may be required to pay for your ticket.
- All volunteers 18 and over will receive a background check. The information from this check will not be used for any purpose other than assessing your suitability for volunteering.
- We do not accept walk-in volunteers who have lived out of state in the last seven years. If you have lived out of state, please fill out an application in advance.
- Individuals will not be allowed to volunteer if they are listed on the National Sex Offender Registry.
- The background check process can take up to two weeks. You will be notified if you are not able to volunteer. If you don’t hear from us, you can assume there is no concern.
- All volunteers over 18 must present a photo ID to check-in.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
- All volunteers under 18 must have a signed PARENTAL CONSENT FORM before they can work.
- If you have children at Lifest who are not scheduled to volunteer with you, please arrange for their supervision while you serve. They are not allowed to accompany you during your volunteer shift.
- Volunteers age 13-15 (and anyone signing up for Jr. Security) should volunteer with an adult willing to work with them for all their scheduled shifts. Maximum of 6 youth per adult.
- Jobs available for youth fill up quickly, so sign up early to ensure positions are still available.
$ – You may be handling money on this team. You must be at least 16 to handle money. Accountability and accuracy are required and cash register experience is desired. If you don’t feel comfortable at a cash register or making change, please let the area leader know when you check in for your shift.
* – You may be working outside for some or all of your shift. Please come prepared for the weather (rain poncho, bug spray, footwear, sun screen, hat, etc).
|Team Name||Min Age & Notes||Description|
|Activities||16 *||Assisting with a variety of fun activities at Activities Central|
|Art Space||16||Set-up, organize and clean the Art Space Area|
|Artist Merchandise||16 $||Handle sales and keep merchandise presentable|
|Camping Field||14 *||Paint camping lines and set up sites before the event. Direct campers on check-in day.|
|Concessions||14 $ *||Food preparation, service, cooking, delivery and sales. The concessions stand could be indoors or outdoors. You will be standing – please wear comfortable shoes. When handling food, you will need to wear a hat – you may want to bring your own.|
|Festival Tear-Down||14 *||You must be a Full Time Volunteer to choose this team. You must be able to work Sunday from 1:00pm to 8:00pm and Monday 8:00am to 8:00pm (we may end sooner depending on weather and team size). You MUST be able to lift 50 lbs and work outside. We will provide Sunday supper and Monday lunch. When you arrive at Volunteer Registration, you will be required to pay a $50 deposit. This can be in the form of check or credit card. Becuase you are receiving your wristband before you work, this deposit is held only to ensure that you show up for Festival Tear-Down. Your deposit will be returned to you after work is complete. Close-toed shoes are required. Note: There are some Sunday only shifts, labelled “Sunday Tear-Down.”|
|Festival Set-Up||16 *||You must be a Full Time Volunteer to choose this team. You must be able to work Tuesday and Wednesday before the event, from 8:00am to 5;00pm. You MUST be able to life 50 lbs and work outside. Lunch wis available for $4 each on Tuesday and Wednesday. You can pack a lunch or purchase these meals at Catering. meal breaks are short so you won’t have time to leave to eat. Close-toed shoes are required.|
|Grounds Crew||13 *||Keep the grounds beautiful by picking up garbage around the fairgrounds, as well as changing garbage bags in designated areas.|
|KidZone Team||16||Supervise crafts and inflatables and have fun with the kids! This position requires some set-up and clean-up.|
|Lifest Store||18 $||Handle sales and will keep merchandise presentable. You must be a Full Time Volunteer and choose all your shifts on this team if possible.|
|Medical Team||18||Physicians, nurses, CNAs, MAs, Paramedics, EMTs and First Responders needed. Proof of medical certification is required before you volunteer. the schedule you choose is tentative; the Director of the area will confirm or change as necessary.|
|Parking||14 $ *||Direct vehicles through the parking area and collect parking money.|
|Security||18 *||This area is for watchful, assertive volunteers who are willing to keep order. Security is for mature individuals with a Christ-like attitude who will treat all situations and all people with respect and proper protocol. You will secure all areas of the festival. If you are willing to work overnight, please consider choosing Overnight Security. If you are 16 or 17, you must sign up to work the same shifts as an adult you know.|
|Ticket Tent||14 $ *||All festival attendees enter this tent to purchase tickets, pick-up orders and receive their wristbands. The volunteer here sells tickets, assists in putting on wristbands, and delivers orders.|
|Stage Crew||18 *||You will be lifting and moving heavy band and stage equipment. You must be able to lift over 75 lbs. No skirts, dresses, or sandals while working. You may want to bring your own gloves. You will be working at various stages. Close-toed shoes are required.|